Every so often I’ll create a post like this one that I fill with links to web resources that I feel like including for some reason or other.
For all later posts you can expect titles that attempt to create a not-so-clever pun with the word “link.” Feel free to submit a “punny” title suggestion in the comments.
So here we go!
- D. Stephen Long weighs in on why theology is “useless.” It’s not what you think!
- The Logos Institute continues to produce excellent podcast material.
- The Two Tasks Institute, founded by philosopher Paul Gould, is beginning a podcast soon.
- Justin Brierley of the Unbelievable? radio broadcast is starting a new podcast with N. T. Wright.
- Dale Tuggy, the biblical unitarian host of the Trinities podcast, has started a series of episodes featuring Beau Branson on the monarchy of the Father. (I have summarized what Branson says about Monarchical Trinitarianism in another post.)
- Tuggy has also started a new podcast called “Thinking About Religion.”
- Randal Rauser gives his take on Dale Tuggy’s statement on what constitutes “mere Christianity.” (Tuggy also responds on his own website.)
- There’s been a dust up in the United Pentecostal Church International (UPCI) after a church in St. Louis posted a video about why they left the Oneness Pentecostal organization. They claim that racism remains in the UPCI, and that the organization’s top-level leadership has failed to address it. David K. Bernard, who is the General Superintendant of the UPCI, posted a response to the video.
- Michael R. Burgos, Jr. has released two podcasts responding to Oneness Pentecostalism: one on Matthew 28:19, and another on whether Jesus is the Father.
- I found an article about how the author Isaac Asimov was such a prolific writer an interesting and though-provoking one. (How does this apply to, say, Augustine or Aquinas?)
- The Gospel Coalition shares some thoughts by John Frame on how to evaluate theological writings.
- Congratulations are in order to Chris Woznicki (PhD candidate at Fuller Seminary) for being named the IVP Early-Career Philosopher of Religion 2018. He shares his testimony and mission in an interview with IVP.
- Registration is now open for the 2019 L.A. Theology Conference. I’ll be there!
- The Talbot School of Theology is now offering a Master’s program in “Classical Theology.” In my opinion it looks like an incredible opportunity.
- I recently posted about a new reader’s edition of the Septuagint. There’s now an interview with the authors about the volumes.
I’ve also added some resources to my links page.